Today the Prometheans were treated to a brilliant film-editing workshop by award-winning film director and school NAPD Creative Engagement partnership artist Shaun O’Connor. Such an entertaining and informative session -thanks Shaun!
Stay tuned for the podcast!
We’ve been using Google Classroom for months with The Prometheans, but it’s proving especially handy now for sharing resources and ideas during the current measures. If any student wants to join, you’re more than welcome. Just use the code above. Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Staff Creativity Committee
Thank you to all contributing teachers and students
This is a good video tutorial on Chasing Cars that the lads have been learning in the Prometheans guitar lessons, with Mr. O’Sullivan, Ms L. O’Donovan and Mr. McWalters
If you weren’t able to join in school, maybe you’d like to try it now. It would be a good time to take it up, if you have a guitar. It’s great way to pass the time in an enjoyable way.
In the Google Classroom you’ll find the accompanying handouts that Ms O’Donovan made out. It’s basically just three chords. Great choice of song to start with.
These lesson were highly recommended by a student.
Classical Music Archive https://freemusicarchive.org/genre/Classical
Opera: The New York Metropolitan Opera is going to have * free streams *. Each night at 7:30 pm EST a new opera will be shown, and will be available for 20 hours. The page is * www.metopera.org *
This week’s schedule:
– Monday: Carmen
– Tuesday: La Boheme
– Wednesday: Il Trovatore
– Thursday: La Traviata
– Friday: La Fille du Regiment
– Saturday: Lucia di Lammermoor
– Sunday: Eugene Onegin
The Berlin Philharmonic opens its home, the Philarmonie, for free, due to the coronavirus epidemic that is ravaging the planet, the Berlin Philharmonic has decided to counter this forced silence by allowing free access to its Digital Concert Hall for one month
In case someone is bored and does not know what to do at home, there are a whole series of initiatives underway:
• Festival I stay at home and quarantine fest: many artists through their Instagram profiles will do live shows of about 30 min as if it were a private acoustic concert. The schedules: https://todoindie.com/yo-me-quedo-en-casa-festival/
• You can also watch theater online, these are the available works: http://teatroteca.teatro.es/opac/#indice
LITERATURE AND WRITING
• Some authors, such as the cartoonist El Torres or the authors of El bosque have uploaded all their books / comics for free for those who want to enjoy them, the same has been done by your favorite author * https: //twitter.com/ElTorres72 /status / 1238204925550657536? S = 08, http://elvosque.es/comic/*
Free audio books for kids and teenagers while schools are closed:
This is a really great opportunity for the writers among you.
You should definitely enter this:
Fighting Words is a great resource and they want your stories
Anyone who has an interest in vfx or just film making in general should definitely check out Chris Connor on YouTube (link above). He has quite a few tutorials on how to create some awesome looking effects and he has a “Filmmaker reacts” series covering some amazing short film and scenes.
40 Day Film School With Mark Cousins
• If you are a member of the library you have the possibility of accessing the catalog of efilm, a Netflix of the bibles, each community has its own catalog: https://efilm.online/
One for the artists among us:
Sometimes we forget the role that research plays in the creation and inspiration of great art. Check out these great sites
Glasnevin Cemetery https://www.glasnevinmuseum.ie/index.cfm
Smithsonian Museums https://www.si.edu/museums
History Ireland site https://www.historyireland.com
The Prometheans are forming a coding club in association with codeclub.org
First meeting next Wednesday, lunchtime. All welcome, including those who don’t know what coding is!